Monday, October 30, 2006

Bad Timing

I have class today from 12-6:30. Normally I go in at 10 for my first class, but this week the Professor will be in Cali so we have no class. Chase called me this morning to see if I need a ride to campus. I didn't. He said he'd call me later before his class. His class starts at 6:30 right when my classes finish. Chase and I have a very severe case of bad timing. A timeline:

April 2006: Chase applies for an internship in Cali.
June 2006: Chase and I met in a 4 week Geology crash course.
July 2006: I finally agree to go on a date with him after weeks of him asking.
Aug 2006: We begin offically dating.
Sept 2006: He tells me he applied for an out of state intership and he will find out in Oct. if he was accepted. I want to break up with him but I agreed to wait and see.
Oct 2006: He finds out he was accepted and leaves for Cali. on Dec. 28 .

If we met earlier he wouldn't be leaving for 6 months to a year and a half. If I wasn't so close to graduating I could go with him. But the problem is I should be graduating in June, and after that, due to a terrible lack of funds on my part, I am moving back down to FL - to move back in with my parents. *Insert horror shriek here* It's a very scary thought for all of us. Though it should only be for like a year until I can go for my masters. Lately, people have been telling me horror stories of what it was like for them to move back in with their parents after being away at college. Not good.

No comments:

Subscribe with Bloglines BM Counter